Skip to content
How to Become an Official
- Referee and shotclock officials are paid positions. Please see attached fee schedule for current rates.
- Chilliwack Minor Lacrosse invites anyone 13 years or older to apply to join our team of officials.
- To apply to become an official, please mark the referee checkbox during player registration or contact our Head Referee to apply directly. Application submission does not guarantee selection.
- Each selected participant must first take a one day training course. Our Head Referee will register you for a clinic that is convenient for your schedule and Chilliwack Minor Lacrosse will cover the cost of this training clinic.
- Returning referees must be re-certified each season. Head Referee will register you for the clinic he feels is best suited for your age and level of experience.
- Officials are required to have the following items supplied at their own expense:
- Black CSA Approved Helmet (Referees will not be permitted on the floor without a helmet)
- Black Pants with Pockets
- BCLA Referee Jersey
- Black Socks
- Black Running Shoes
- Minimum 2 Whistles (Plastic Fox-40 Pealess)